Home > Building Dept

Building Dept - Home

Welcome to the Paramus Building Department

If you are planning to add, renovate or just update your home or business, we are here to help. Our inspectors are licensed by the State of New Jersey and are here to make sure the work on your home is performed to the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code and to Paramus' high standards for the safety of your family and friends.

In the Building Department our staff is knowledgeable & helpful. We are here to help you with the process. Whether you're replacing a fence, resurfacing a driveway, selling your home or buying a home, to concerns or questions about your neighbors or just wanting to know what's new coming into town.

We know you're not doing construction to your home everyday so if you have any questions please feel free to call. Sometimes a two minute conversation can help you make a decision or ask that question that has been on your mind.


NJ Division of Codes and Standards


Building: 2015 International Building/Residential Code the New Jersey Edition

Mechanical: International Mechanical Code 2015 and the International Fuel Gas Code 2015

Plumbing: National Standard Plumbing Code / NSPC 2015

Electric: National Electric Code / NEC 2014

Fire: NFPA 13 2013, IBC NJ ed. 2015

Handicapped: NJAC 5:23-7 and ICC / ANSI A117.1-2009

Existing Bldg: UCC Rehabilitation Subcode NJAC 5:23-6

Energy: IECC 2015 / ASHRA std. 90.1 2013

Site: NJ DOT Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction and Paramus Ordinance Chapter 371

Zoning: Paramus Ordinances Chapters 371 and 429