- Human Services
To promote the health and safety of our residents by helping them to access care and connect with natural community support systems.
- To provide a safety net of services for those in urgent, preventive or supportive need.
- To empower people to increase or maintain their independence by linking them to appropriate local care, resources and /or support services and increase the use of community support.
Under the direction of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Human Services provides urgent and preventive assessments and action plans including collaboration and linkage to appropriate health care and local resources. Professional, confidential consultations are provided to vulnerable residents living in challenging circumstances.
Human Services accepts referrals from borough departments, individuals, the community at large and offers:
- Confidential consultations and needs assessments
- Information, collaboration and linkage to numerous care providers and resources
- Liaison to police, transportation, housing programs; local, county, state programs as well as local business community.
- Outreach to disabled and frail elderly
Paramus Resource and Contact Guide categorizes areas of care and provides a sampling of local resources. Frequently requested phone numbers are also listed. Social support services through Paramus Friendly Neighbors
Human Services addresses the needs of those with significant hardship including the elderly, disabled, unemployed, single parent households as well as those living with mental health and substance use challenges. Consultations and outreaches are solution-focused needs assessments designed to enable people to improve their quality of life by connecting with natural community systems, and the least amount of social services necessary.
Paramus Friendly Neighbors is a network of community organizations, businesses, clubs, schools, houses of worship and individuals that work in partnership with Human Services to support our neighbors in need. Paramus Friendly Neighbors is a 501(c)(3) non- profit organization. Donations to the fund are accepted by check only.