- Investigation of all environmental health complaints.
- Monitoring and enforcement of all applicable federal, state, and local environmental health laws and regulations, as they apply to:
- Air, noise, and stream pollution control
- Bathing places
- Beauty parlors
- Body art establishments
- Food and beverage vending machines
- food establishments
- Insect and rodent infestations
- Multiple dwellings
- Nail salons
- Pet shops
- Potable water
- Youth camps
- Rabies control and animal bite investigation
The provision of a variety of planned education programs by a professional health educator to any interested resident, civic, service or professional group.
Public Health Nursing
- Annual Blood Chemistry/PSA/Thyroid Screening, A1C, VD and Flu Immunizations.
- Flu immunizations
- Immunization audits for school
- Communicable disease investigation
- Mantoux testing
- Perinatal Hep. B counseling
- Provision of free adult health assessment and counseling adults for high blood pressure, diabetes and other chronic health conditions.
- Provision of lead poisoning control services including screening of Paramus children one year through six years of age.
- Skin Cancer Screening
The Paramus Board of Health maintains records of births, marriages, civil unions and deaths that have occurred in Paramus and issues marriage and civil union licenses.
- Certified Copy of Vital Record Application (PDF)
- Issue certified copies of birth, death, marriage and civil union records that are on file in our office.
- Issue Marriage and Civil Union Licenses (PDF)
- Registration as permanent records all births, deaths, marriages and civil unions that occur in Paramus.