The Building Department is currently in the process of migrating to new Permitting Computer Software. At this time we have adjusted our office hours of operations from 8:30am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Paramus Building Department
If you are planning to add, renovate or just update your home or business we are here to help. Our Inspectors are licensed by the State of New Jersey and are here to make sure your construction is performed to the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code and to Paramus’ high standards for your safety. We are here to help you with the process, whether you are replacing a fence, paving a driveway, or selling your home.
We know you are not doing construction every day, so if you have any questions please feel free to call (201) 265-2100 Ext. 2230.
NJ Division of Codes & Standards
- Building: 2018 International Building/Residential Code the New Jersey Edition
- Electric: National Electric Code / NEC 2017
- Energy: IECC 2015 / ASHRA Standard 90.1 2016
- Existing Bldg: UCC Rehabilitation Subcode NJAC 5:23-6
- Fire: NFPA 13 2013, IBC NJ ed. 2018
- Handicapped: NJAC 5:23-7 and ICC / ANSI A11July 1, 2018
- Mechanical: International Mechanical Code 2018 and the International Fuel Gas Code 2018
- Plumbing: National Standard Plumbing Code / NSPC 2018
- Site: NJ DOT Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction and Paramus Ordinance Chapter 371
- Zoning: Paramus Ordinances Chapters 371 and 429
For more information, visit the Department of Community Affairs website.