All Fields, Courts & Playgrounds
Recreation Building @ Petruska Park
All Recreation Programs are Cancelled
These closures will remain until further notice. Please practice social distancing and stay in your homes to the best of your ability.
Summer Playground & Trip Camp Update!
Due to the updated COVID-19 Restrictions Summer Playground Registration will be postponed as follows;
Pre-Registration (2019 Participants Only) – May 11-May 22 Online 24/7, In-Person Mon-Fri 11am-4pm. Thursday Evenings 7pm-8:30pm. $15.00 Discount
Registration for all new participants begins May 23rd Online 24/7, In-Person Mon-Fri 11am-4pm. Thursday Evenings 7pm-8:30pmon-Fri 11am-4pm. Thursday Evenings 7pm-8:30pm
The last date to register for Summer Playground will be June 22nd. All registrations following that date will be wait-listed.
These dates are subject to change pending COVID-19 regulations.
Our Spring 2020 Brochure has been released!
To view our program offerings for Spring 2020, please click on the following:
We take registrations 11:00AM- 4:00PM, Monday- Friday, as well as Thursday Evenings, 7:00PM- 8:30PM.
Special Needs Shadows Needed
Volunteer Coaches Needed
Intent to Coach Form
All Applications are Due by April 6th, 2020
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors!
The Valley Hospital
Bergen County Charity Classic
All American Auto Group
Jersey Mikes Subs
GEM Sports, LLC
Paramus Medical & Sports Rehab Center
The Paramus Recreation Commission’s mission is to create opportunities for growth and improvement of citizens by offering an array of recreation programs that are diverse in their scope and address the physical, social and mental needs of the community.
- To ensure that recreation opportunities are available to all residents, regardless of skill or ability
- To create, advertise and manage seasonal programs such as sports, summer playground and educational classes
- To organize special events for the community that create a sense of pride in one’s community
- To recruit and oversee the best possible volunteer coaches for each sport
- To coordinate field and gym usage with various teams and organizations from the community, including the Board of Education, for the benefit of residents
- To work with the Shade Tree Department to ensure that fields are maintained in accordance with program schedules and that parks and playgrounds are routinely maintained to ensure the safety of residents
The Recreation Commission’s refund policy has changed. Credits and refunds will no longer be issued for any withdrawal or cancellation. Exceptions will not be made. Please note that as of January 1, 2017, credit card convenience fees for all borough departments will be set at 2.75% of the transaction amount, rather than a flat rate.
Volunteer Coaches Needed
Many of the youth activities offered in our brochure rely on volunteer coaches. Anyone wishing to coach any youth activity must complete both an Intent to Coach Form and an Ethics Form. All volunteer coaches must take part in and pass the Rutgers’ S.A.F.ET.Y. Clinic. All candidates will be subject to a background check.