Established in 1964, the Paramus Municipal Pool is the gem of Paramus, New Jersey. Membership is open to Paramus Residents (proof of residency required) and out-of-town individuals / families (with a Paramus resident / pool member sponsor at the out-of-town rate). A discount price is available for Senior Citizens, Paramus volunteers and Veterans (more information can be obtained from the pool office). The Paramus Pool provides a fun summer experience for all ages!
Pre-Season Weekend Schedule:
May 26, 27, 28 and June 2, 3, 9,10, 16, 17………….11:00 A.M to 7:45 P.M.
Full Season Schedule starting June 22, 2018
Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays……………………..11:00 A.M. to 7:45 P.M.
Weekdays…………………………………….……..12:00 Noon to 7:45 P.M.
Special hours during the month of July, pool closes at 8:30 P.M.
- Senior Citizens: People who currently have a senior membership but are not yet 62 will still retain their membership at the senior rate.
- Out of Town without a Sponsor: without a qualifying sponsor (a Paramus resident that is also a current pool member) applicants will incur an additional surcharge of $100 for an individual an $200 for a family in addition to your membership fee. *Rates posted are with a qualifying sponsor.
- Badges: All identification badges must be kept year to year. There will be a service charge of $20 per badge for a replacement ID badge. NO exceptions.
- Veterans: Veterans will receive 50% off their pool memberships. Must bring either their discharge papers or the Paramus issued Veteran's ID card.
- Guest Passes: Guest privileges are allowed for members only- you must present your membership card and you must bring the guest in with you and stay. Guest fees are $10 per person (adults and children) on weekdays and $15 per person (adults and children) on weekends. Guest must be paid with a members check or credit card- NO cash. Members are allowed up to six guest passes a day.
At Paramus Borough Hall from Wednesday, April 11, 2018 to June 21, 2018- Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM and Thursday evenings until 6:30 PM.
Starting Friday, June 22, 2018 registration will be available at the Paramus Municipal Pool weekdays 12:00 PM to 7:30 PM and weekends 11:00 AM to 7:30 PM and at Borough Hall 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM (Monday to Friday; excluding Borough Holidays)
Register by mail:
Send in completed application, signed pool rules, a copy of current PSE&G bill (Paramus Residents only-MUST match driver's license), a copy of birth certificates for all children of new members and additions for current members, a copy of all adult applicants driver's licenses and a non-refundable check made payable to Paramus Municipal Pool.
Borough of Paramus
1 Jockish Square
Paramus, NJ 07652
Attn: Paramus Municipal Pool
What You Will Need to Register
Note: For all applicants, family members include parents and children only. Grandparents, baby-sitters and live-in child care givers must join as individual member (s). Multiple families living at the same address must register separately.
There are NO refunds for any reason after the start of the season!
To participate in swim lessons you must be a member of the Paramus Pool. (Proof of membership is required at registration.)
Swim lessons start at age 4 and up! Swim lessons are on a first come first time preferred basis. Registration will be on Saturday, June 2 and Saturday, June 9; registration times will be assigned in the order of registration for the pool. You will be notified by mail of your registration date/time.
It is $50 per session, per person. Fee for swim lessons must be paid at the time of registration. Payments must be made by check, made out to Paramus Municipal Pool. NO REFUNDS!
1st Session..........June 25 to July 10 (No classes on June 29 or July 4)
2nd Session..........July 12 to July 25
3rd Session..........July 30 to August 10
All classes are 30 minutes. Detailed class schedule will be available at registration.
To participate on the Pacers swim and/or dive team you must be a full season member of the Paramus Pool. (Proof of membership is required at registration)
To participate on swim team, swimmers 10 years of age and under must, at minimum, be able to swim 25 meters using 2 different strokes. Swimmers 11 years of age and over must, at minimum, be able to swim 50 meters using 2 different strokes.
To participate on dive team, a diver must, at minimum, 2 different dives off the board.
A non-refundable registration fee of $50 is charged per child payable to Paramus Municiapl Pool (checks only!). Swim/Dive team Parents Association dues and swimsuits are an addiational charge.
Registration for Swim/Dive Team will be held on Saturday, June 2 and Sunday, June 10 from 9 AM to 11:30 AM. Suit Fittings will be held Saturday, June 2 from 9 AM to 11:30 AM only.
Swim Team practice runs Monday to Friday 8:45 AM to 10:00 AM beginning Friday, June 22 through the first week of August. Dive Team practice runs Monday to Friday 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM beginning Friday, June 22 through the first week of August.