The Paramus Environmental Commission seeks to protect and improve the quality of our land, water, and air by advising the Borough of Paramus on actions and policies of sustainability. Through education and outreach, the Commission seeks to inspire our community, both residential and commercial, to incorporate environmentally responsible practices in their daily lives.
Responsibilities of the Commission
Educate and inspire the community the public through various channels:
- Host speakers at public events
- Organize Paramus’s annual Earth Day celebration
- Support Paramus DPW messages about recycling to local businesses and residents
- Participate in town events, such as National Night Out
Practice sustainability and improve the quality of Paramus life in ways including:
- Support the Paramus Farmers Market
- Promote and organize clean up events
- Field resident concerns about the environment
- Advise the town on environmental best practices
Commission Members Term Expires
|Tony Landa - Chair||12/31/23|
|Robert J. Riccoboni - Vice Chair||12/31/24|
|Joseph Vartolone - Council Liaison|
|Nicole Smith - Secretary|
Commission Meeting Dates
Meetings will take place in the borough hall caucus room at 8pm.
|January 11, 2021||February 8, 2021|
|March 8, 2021||April 12, 2021|
|May 10, 2021||June 14, 2021|
|July 12, 2021||August 09, 2021|
|September 13, 2021||October 18, 2021|
|November 8, 2021||December 13, 2021|
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Key Facts on the Boroughs Plastic Bag & Polystyrene Ban
- When are the Paramus Environmental Commission meetings?
- When does Paramus celebrate Earth Day 2020?
- When is the next Hazardous waste collection?
- When is the Paramus Farmers Market?
- What is Pride in Paramus Day?
- I have a suggestion, concern, or idea that I would like discussed at the next meeting.
- What are some related organizations?