- Boards & Commissions
- Environmental Commission
The Paramus Environmental Commission seeks to protect and improve the quality of our land, water, and air by advising the Borough of Paramus on actions and policies of sustainability. Through education and outreach, the Commission seeks to inspire our community, both residential and commercial, to incorporate environmentally responsible practices in their daily lives.
Responsibilities of the Commission
Educate and inspire the community the public through various channels:
- Host speakers at public events
- Organize Paramus’s annual Earth Day celebration
- Support Paramus DPW messages about recycling to local businesses and residents
- Participate in town events, such as National Night Out
Practice sustainability and improve the quality of Paramus life in ways including:
- Support the Paramus Farmers Market
- Promote and organize clean up events
- Field resident concerns about the environment
- Advise the town on environmental best practices
Commission Members Term Expires
|Dennis Niland - Planning Board Liaison||12/31/24|
|Jorge Quintana - Council Liason|
|Nicole Smith - Secretary|
Commission Meeting Dates
Meetings will take place in the borough hall caucus room at 7 pm.
|January 9, 2023||February 13, 2023|
|March 13, 2023||April 10, 2023|
|May 8, 2023||June 12, 2023|
|July 10, 2023||August 14, 2023|
|September 11, 2023||October 16, 2023|
|November 13, 2023||December 11, 2023|
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Follow us on Facebook
Boards and Commissions Membership Application
Nicole SmithBoard SecretaryPhone: 201-265-2100, ext 2361
- Key Facts on the Boroughs Plastic Bag & Polystyrene Ban
- When are the Paramus Environmental Commission meetings?
- When does Paramus celebrate Earth Day 2022?
- When is the next Hazardous waste collection?
- When is the Paramus Farmers Market?
- What is the Paramus Community Clean up Event?
- I have a suggestion, concern, or idea that I would like discussed at the next meeting.
- What are some related organizations?