The Paramus Environmental Commission seeks to protect and improve the quality of our land, water, and air by advising the Borough of Paramus on actions and policies of sustainability. Through education and outreach, the Commission seeks to inspire our community, both residential and commercial, to incorporate environmentally responsible practices in their daily lives.
Responsibilities of the Commission
Educate and inspire the community the public through various channels:
- Host speakers at public events
- Organize Paramus's annual Earth Day celebration
- Support Paramus DPW messages about recycling to local businesses and residents
- Participate in town events, such as National Night Out
Practice sustainability and improve the quality of Paramus life in ways including:
- Support the Paramus Farmers Market
- Promote and organize clean up events
- Field resident concerns about the environment
- Advise the town on environmental best practices
Commission Members Term Expires
|Tony Landa - Vice Chair||12/31/19|
|Jeanne Weber - Council Liaison||12/31/19|
Commission Meeting Dates
Meetings will take place in the borough hall caucus room at 7pm.
|January 14, 2019||February 11, 2019|
|March 11, 2019||April 8, 2019|
|May 13, 2019||June 10, 2019|
|July 8, 2019||August 12, 2019|
|September 9, 2019||October 21, 2019|
|November 18, 2019||December 9, 2019|
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- When are the Paramus Environmental Commission meetings?
- When does Paramus celebrate Earth Day 2019?
- When is the next Hazardous waste collection?
- When is the Paramus Farmers Market?
- What is Pride in Paramus Day?
- I have a suggestion, concern, or idea that I would like discussed at the next meeting.
- What are some related organizations?