As of this date the following additional measure will be implemented as they relate to the Borough Government operations during COVID19
- Borough Hall:
- As of 4:30PM March 16, 2020 Borough Hall will be closed to the public.
- IT will in conjunction with the Borough Clerk establish audio attendance of the public and e-mail systems during the meeting for questions to the M&C on agenda items and the section of the meeting open to the public.
- Borough hall doors will be posted with appropriate notice of meetings and the public process to participate
- Borough electronic boards will provide notice.
- Borough web site will be utilized for notice and instructions
- Reverse 911 will be utilized for notice and instructions
- A dedicated line will be set up for notice and instructions
- Public Parks:
- All use of playgrounds, recreation sports fields, amenities within parks used for sports will be shut down and not in use of the public.
- The Sportsplex gates will be locked, as will any other recreation sports facility that is gated.
- Playgrounds will be wrapped with orange fencing, or yellow police tape
- Swings seats to be removed.
- The police traffic division will be making appropriate signs closing these facilities
- Paramus Public Golf:
- Restaurant will be closed until further notice.
- Halfway house will only dispense wrapped prepackaged food for golfers.
- Golf cart will be taken out of service.
- Mini golf will be closed until further notice.
- Locker room closed off
- Finance Department:
- Instruction for the external drop box use for payments for all departments, applications, and permits.
- Residents needing to make payments are able to use the night drop located to the left of the main doors at Borough Hall. The procedures are as follows:
- All payments or correspondence need to be in an envelope with the department clearly labeled.
- Anything left in the night drop needs to contain, block and lot, name, address, violation # etc. (something to identify what the payment is for)
- No cash payments
- The Tax office will check the night drop daily, in the morning and at close of business.
- Any envelopes will be disbursed by the Tax Office to the appropriate departments via interoffice mail boxes.
- CFO will be securing additional low interest TAN’s
- Securing of OEM supplies will be through current vendors, authorized vendors
- Budget Line has been created to track all Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Employees are not being released unless they are self-quarantined and presumptive or tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Employee that are at risk and have underling health conditions will be reviewed by the Health Department nursing staff and health officers, and a recommendation sent to the administrator. Those employees can be released on their accrued sick time, vacation time and personal days.
- Death Certificates can be completed on line, dropped at the Borough exterior drop box with fee and the department inspectors will deliver the completed paperwork
- Marriage license procedures are being finalized by the Health Department
- Construction Department:
- Procedures are being drafted by Michael O’Connell for construction permits
- Building Department Inspections: Commercial and Residential “not occupied” (Occupied Residential – Case by case basis)
- Resale Inspections: Will still be done in unoccupied homes. (Occupied homes – Case by case basis)
- CCO Inspections for Commercial: Will still be done in unoccupied spaces.
- OPRA Requests: By email and mail. Anything to be viewed is By Appointment Only: (One at a time sign-in sheet)
- Permits & Applications: By mail or email (small in nature)
- Larger or More Detailed Permits: That which requires a visit to the Department will be done By Appointment Only – One at a time.
- The Building Department will try to maintain “Business as Usual”. The process may be slow but we will continue to move forward.
Created the following :
COVID19@paramuspolice.org email address has been created with the individual email addresses Steve Mehl requested placed in this group.
Created internal phone Extension 5575 with voicemail setup. VM Access Code: 076521
newly created hotline 201-649-0700 rings directly to prerecorded PD bulletins extension instead of Ext. 5575... PD bulletin Extension is *2306. Once the bulletins are updated, employees can transfer outside calls regarding COVID19 to extension *2306...
Borough building posting to be drafted and distributed
Coordination with IT for public meetings
Governor’s additional restrictions announced https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e4xF0O_D6I
The County Executive will be announcing additional initiatives and restriction in his press conference at 5PM this date which may have an additional impact on our operations