Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
Create a Website Account
- Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Website Sign In
How Do I...
News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/18/2020 10:59:00 AM to 11/18/2020 11:01:13 AM.
Posted on: November 18, 2020
[ARCHIVED] COVID-19 Thanksgiving Guidelines
Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) – Thanksgiving Guidelines
Thanksgiving celebrations in the Borough of Paramus should be limited to an immediate household family or a small number of close relatives or friends this year. This would prevent your family celebration from turning into a COVID-19 outbreak. Avoid large holiday gatherings this year. General indoor gatherings must be limited to 10 people. Don’t invite COVID-19 to your Thanksgiving dinner.
Lower your risk by following CDCs recommendations:
• do not gather around the dining room table with anyone outside of your household
• have a small dinner with only people who live in your household
• have a virtual celebration with family and friends who do not live in your house
• shop online (rather than in person) and avoid crowds (at malls, etc.)
• bundle up and move celebrations outdoors (limit the number of close relatives/friends)
• watch sport events, parades, and movies from home
• don’t travel during the holidays (travel increases the chance of getting/spreading COVID-19)
• stay home during the holiday season. It is the best way to protect yourself and others
Take as many health actions as possible: wear a mask, engage in social distancing, wash your hands, stay home if you’re ill, avoid anyone who is sick, and avoid touching your eyes/nose/mouth.
Start planning your holiday now, plan for a smaller table this year, and scale back celebrations. Such measures ensure that you can once again gather at a larger celebration next year. Stay well and stay safe.
For more information:
COVID-19 Thanksgiving Guidelines
Other News in Press Releases
General Contractors Wanted for the Affordable Housing Programs
Posted on: November 2, 2023
Agendas & Minutes
Boards & Commissions
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow